How Can a Naturopath Help with Bloating?
This is Part 2 of our blog series on bloating. You can view the first part on the causes of bloating here.
First of all, it is important to identify the underlying cause. A Naturopath will take the time to a complete a full case history to understand the jigsaw puzzle of the patient. Often, bloating may be the result of a combination of things – such as a bout of food poisoning and increased stress at work or a change in the diet following a trip to Asia. A Naturopath will usually consider numerous elements when a patient presents with bloating:
· Diet – What and how is the patient eating, and is a food sensitivity or intolerance present ?
· Does the patient have adequate digestive enzymes and Hcl to break down food ?
· Is stress playing a role in altered gut function?
· Is there an imbalance in the gut’s microflora?
· Is there a hormonal imbalance?
· Any medications?
· What other symptoms or medical conditions are present?
Naturopathic treatment for bloating may involve diet modification, herbal medicine, and/or digestive enzymes along with appropriate probiotic and lifestyle recommendations.
No two patients are ever the same, and it is important you seek professional advice when considering natural medicine. If you would like more information about digestive issues, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with our Sydney Naturopath, Kathleen McFarlane, please contact us today.Previous Post Next Post